Monday, November 16, 2009

fun with color

After creating the first two scarflettes last week I decided to keep going. I went to a conference at the end of the week where there happened to be an informal artist's market that I was able to participate in. I've never done anything like that before but it was a lot of fun, I did not have a huge inventory...probably only 15 scarves, but it was fun and has inspired me to set up an etsy shop. The scarves above are examples of what I have been making, simple crocheted scarflettes with a button hole, but my favorite part is the button. I have been wet felting organic discs of fiber and stitching and beading them into little works of art...so much fun. I have attached pin backs to the "buttons" so that they can be used as a brooch or a button. Everyone seems to really like them, and I really like making them!
So my goal this week is to make a few more scarves/buttons and set up shop. There. I said it. So now I have to do it, right?
Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Wonderful detail, you'we made... I like it... I love all the inspiration I can find hereon blogger. You might enjoy watching my page too. You are welcome!
    -LisBethLys.

    ReplyDelete